What to Expect
New to LBP (or Pilates in general?)
Here’s what you can expect.
- Classes last 60 minutes.
- You don’t need to bring anything except a little curiosity. Come in your gym kit and socks, and everything else is provided.
- Exercises change every week. Some weeks you’ll work with your body weight and a mat, and other weeks you’ll work with various accessories, such as small and big balls, elastics, circles, rollers, balance pads and more.
- Instruction is in both French and English.
- You’ll get a full-body workout. You will work all of your muscles (and probably discover some you didn’t know you had!) and move your body through various planes of movement.
- You will work hard, have fun and feel lighter, longer and stronger afterwards!
- You will be doing about 5-10 repetitions of each movement and move through a sequence of 24-34 different movements. In Pilates, less is more, so the focus is on fewer repetitions, done well.
- You will most likely not feel stiff and sore the next day, as Pilates doesn’t aim to exhaust a specific muscle group. It doesn’t mean you didn’t work hard.
- You may find there’s a lot to take in, so stick with it for at least 3-5 lessons to begin to feel comfortable with the movements and feel the benefits.
- You don’t need any yoga or aerial experience-- all you need is an open mind and a sense of playfulness!
- You will use silk hammocks to bend, twist and invert your body. A professionally-trained instructor will guide you to ensure you’re safe and secure.
Ready to get started?
Contact Johdi to schedule your complimentary private body tuning session to assess your unique needs and expectations.